You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where teamwork is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day.
The Electricity & Automation (E&A) Specialist will be responsible for all assigned aspects related to the factory maintenance and E&A strategy and will execute on-shift activities according to factory and corporate standards, specifications, local codes, and regulations.
This will include but is not limited to the following:
• Maintain optimum electrical and process control equipment facilities to meet the established objectives of the business.
• Ensure reliability of electrical, process control and MES hardware and software operation.
• Maintain electrical/process control hardware and software to maintain factory at high level of efficiency, safety, and quality.
• Nurture and grow relationships with other departments and facilities to provide support and maintenance for optimal factory operations.
• Provide technical direction, training, and capability building of maintenance employees.
• Maintain the existing electrical infrastructure and automation applications.
• Provide automation, MES, and factory support on assigned shift, including development of maintenance employees.
• Ensure alignment of maintenance processes with the final customers in production.
• Conduct preventive maintenance on power distribution, automation, and MES.
• Record all electrical power distribution and automation modifications and update the appropriate drawings as per factory specifications.
• Ensure process instruments are properly calibrated and functional.
• Perform troubleshooting in case of problems and ensure the PLC, HMI, and MES applications are properly maintained.
• Maintain industrial applications and hardware in the automation layer.
• Enforce PLC and HMI policy/procedures.
• Maintain the reliability and the performance of the FAS IT infrastructure and peer to peer networks.
• Collaborate with other functions, such as quality, safety, operations and production, with special emphasis on QMS, HAACP, and calibration.
• Develop in areas of responsibility to ensure support of operations.
Electrical & Power Distribution:
Support the factory’s electrical power distribution from the utility company service entrance down through switchboards, transformers, distribution panels, etc. to all individual loads. This includes the following activities:
• Maintenance of the factory’s power distribution.
• Understand the factory electrical system from the utility company lines to transformers, switchboards, distribution panels, MCC, motors, lighting fixtures, etc.
• Record modifications in order to maintain accuracy and content of the electrical system key documentation (one-line diagrams, MCC data sheets, electrical room’s layouts, grounding system, lighting plans, electrical equipment location plan, etc.)
• Understand the existing electrical system loading profile, grounding, protection, maintenance needs, safety, and reliability of the factory power system equipment.
• Understand the factory electrical criteria, standards, and company guidelines.
Automation & Process Control:
Maintain the factory process control system. Some of the activities are the following:
• Understand the existing process control infrastructure, configuration, requirements, networks, level of automation, etc.
• Record modifications in order to maintain accuracy and content of the control system key documentation (configuration diagrams, P&IDs, process descriptions, etc.)
• Understand the factory controls and IT criteria, standards, and company guidelines.
Manufacturing Execution System (MES):
• Support and the existing and future activities related to MES, FAS and FFMW to ensure proper operation as per design criteria
Capital Projects & Collaboration:
• Participate in the implementation of the power distribution systems, motor control centers, control panels, HMI, instrumentation, system integration, and commissioning and start up activities.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Associate’s Degree required in engineering/technology or equivalent, preferably electrical and/or automation engineering/technology or equivalent experience.
• 2-3 years’ experience with electricity, automation, instrumentation, and process control systems (PLC, HMI, Electrical Drives and Controls)
• Knowledge of local electrical code and standards
• Knowledge on MES (manufacturing execution systems)
• In-depth knowledge of HMIs and PLCs; experience with Rockwell Automation RSLogix PLCs and Wonderware visualization preferred
• Knowledge on manufacturing IT, industrial networks, and applications
• Strong organizational skills
• Analytical skills in problem solving – ability to think objectively through various options and scenarios
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes
• Strong interpersonal skills
• SAP knowledge desirable
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.