Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the culinary capital.
We are writing a new chapter in our journey; Nestlé USA has opened its new U.S. headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary moment, you have the opportunity to help build the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in the D.C. area offers close proximity to world-class restaurants, shopping, and museums. You are steps away from the world’s largest museum, the Smithsonian, and renowned national landmarks such as the Washington Monument.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career. Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
As a member of the Organization Development function within the Nestlé USA Talent Team, this position’s main focus is driving Nestlé USA’s culture and business transformation through leadership, team, and organizational interventions. This position acts as a partner and advisor to Senior HR leaders and HR business partners and Business and Talent leaders acting as a catalyst for Nestlé USA’s business and talent strategy.
• Assess, diagnose, develop and deliver leader and team interventions for leaders, intact and cross-functional teams
• Use assessment tools, survey information, and other analytics to identify development and performance gaps and build solutions to close those gaps.
• Assess, diagnose and co-develop, with HR and business leaders, organization-wide interventions related to strategy, structure, process, rewards, and talent
• Identify organizational trends and themes through work across departments, provide insights related to potential root causes, and identify potential solutions
• Partner with key HR and business leaders by providing ongoing insights to ensure cross-collaboration and awareness of organization’s current state to facilitate real-time organization-wide interventions
• Support other Talent Centers of Excellence (recruiting, corporate learning, talent management, and people analytics, etc.) through advisory or execution roles
• Act as subject matter authority related to Nestlé USA’s Coaching Strategy and other leadership development initiatives in partnership with Corporate Learning and Talent Management
Organization Development Interventions
• Partners with, and influences, leadership on the importance of culture transformation and their role in the success of this change
• Prioritize and deliver OD interventions and activities based on business needs
• Identify, design, and deliver small and large scale organization development solutions or specific activities that will further support building highly effective leaders, teams and larger departments and divisions
• Facilitate workshops and/or focus groups to inform design of OD interventions
• Identify and inform Talent partners of common themes to better inform Talent and other organization-wide interventions and programs
• Partner closely with other OD counterparts to ensure a fully informed organizational picture of trends
• Upskill HR counterparts on OD-related programs and approaches
Advisory, Facilitation and Coaching
• Provide expertise in organization and systems development, performance management, organization design, and change management by supporting these activities whenever possible.
• Provide facilitation and advising to strategic business units and / or functions as needed.
• Act as cohort coach for leadership development programs on behalf of Corporate Learning
• Facilitate 360 assessment conversations upon request
• Integrate outstanding and meaningful trends into practices and educate organization where impactful
Program Management, Delivery & Execution
• Manage and execute Nestlé USA’s Coaching Strategy by liaising between coaches, HR business partners, and coachees, and tracking desired impact of coaching relationships
• Build and maintain project plans to develop, execute and maintain activities
• Deliver interventions in a variety of formats, including: small and large scale, online and in-person
• Assess and audit the efficiency of activities and initiatives against identified metrics
Other duties as assigned
5 – 7 years of OD experience required
• Solid understanding of and ability to apply relevant Organization Development principles / philosophies in a complex matrixed environment
• Strong interpersonal skills (i.e., listening, counseling and coaching, negotiation skills)
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• Effective verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex concepts in business terms
• Works well both independently and on cross functional project teams while executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation
• Application of relevant individual and team psychometrics and other assessment tools
• Strong organizational and/or project management capability
• Proven strategic and innovative thinking
• Conceptualizes creative solutions and present/sell them to senior management
• Strong business acumen, with the ability to quickly establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Strong facilitation skills in both small and large group settings, adapting style to variety of audiences
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Requirements and minimum education level:
• BS/BA required
• MS/MA/MBA in Organization Development, Organizational Efficiency, Leadership Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology preferred
• Coaching certification/credentials or equivalent experience required
• Certification and experience in different psychometric assessments demonstrated for leadership and team development
• HR Generalist or advising experience a plus
• Position requires up to 30% travel
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.