General Maintenance Technicianworks under the supervision of Engineering, who makes initial assignments ofduties and who issues oral or written instructions on new or specialassignments or when difficulties arise. Also works from preventative maintenanceprogram plans, work orders, emergency calls, layout sketches, blueprints,drawings, work schedules and similar guidelines. Selects tools andmateri¬als and carries assignments through to completion. Work is subjectto spot checks during progress and upon completion for compliance withinstructions and workmanship that meet acceptable standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
All General MaintenanceTechnicians:
1. Serve as plantmaintenance worker, and perform skilled and unskilled tasks in the maintenanceand/or repair of buildings, grounds, equipment and machinery on a scheduledbasis or in response to work orders or emergency calls to determine nature andextent of maintenance, repairs or alterations required.
2. Makes recommendationsto Factory Maintenance Planner,Maintenance Supervisor, or other supervi¬sor asto the need for, timing and extent of maintenance and repairs.
3. Performs needed repairsor maintenance in accordance with blueprints, manuals, building codes or otheraccepted quality work practices.
4. Dismantles machines orequipment to gain access to defective parts, and repairs or replaces.
5. Cleans and lubricatesequipment when necessary.
6. Duties also include,but are not limited to, replacing light bulbs or fluorescent tubes, electricalfuses, lighting switches or repairing of electrical wiring; painting of walls,floors, woodwork and cleaning of plugged drains.
7. During winter months,is responsible for the clearing of snow as needed to provide access tobuildings and parking.
8. Monitor and repair ofbuilding systems to include: electric, HVAC, refrigeration, air, steam, water,hydraulic and chemical systems.
9. Assists in thecontinual development of the record keeping system to log servicing ofequipment, repairs, etc. Is responsi¬ble for on going neat and accuratemaintenance of same.
10. Assists in trainingother maintenance personnel as required.
11. Helps maintain theupkeep of the maintenance room.
12. Required to attendschool and classes as needed to stay current with any new or emergingtechnology; as well as to hone skills in the general maintenance of equipmentor building, safety, sanitation, etc.
13. Can be assigned to anyof our facilities in order to perform maintenance as necessary.
14. Performs other dutiesas assigned.
15. Performs all jobduties in accordance with the company’s safety guidelines.
16. Perform job rotationsduring scheduled workday depending on production needs.
17. Assure regular andtimely attendance per company guidelines.
May need to be assigned to workin production/packaging to support business need.
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at orabove the performance standard. The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education or GEDpreferred, and/or Technical Maintenance Education.
Ability to read and comprehendsimple to more complex instructions, formulas, policies and procedures, prints,schematics and drawings. Ability to write simple correspondence, notesand or briefs of maintenance related activities. Ability to effectively presentinformation and/or communicate in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add and subtract twodigit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability toperform these operations using units weight measurement, volume and distance.
Good computer knowledge. Ability to comprehend and input data accurately into CMMS.
Ability to apply common senseunderstanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables instandardized situations. Ability to observe and think in abstract mannerto provide solutions to maintenance related issues.
The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
While performing the duties ofthis job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk, use hands tofinger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to climb ladders or balance and stoop,kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must constantlylift and/or move upto 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds,and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific visionabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colorvision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
While performing theduties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanicalparts and food fumes or airborne food particles. Works indoors andoutdoors or in cramped quarters. Work may be performed on concrete floorsand/or ladders. Exposed to dirt and water; subject to, infection fromunsanitary worksites, soiling of hands and clothing; shock and burns from highvoltage. Also subject to cuts and bruises and works under noisyconditions.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.