Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re creating a workplace where collaboration is important, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
As the Associate Brand Manager- Innovation for our Coffee mate brand, you’ll drive product performance and continue to grow brand equity and share by activating distinctive consumer insights as it relates to our innovation pipeline. This role supports the brand team’s pursuit of insights that enable the team to know its consumer deeply and create engaging brand experiences and champions the execution of innovation projects through strategy, planning and implementation by collaborating with sales, omnichannel, operations, product development and finance on various generating demand initiatives.
- Drive Brand Innovation & Renovation by using consumer, shopper and marketplace data to support defining a brand’s short-term and long-term innovation strategy.
- In collaboration with cross-functional and external experts, lead innovation projects in support of the brand’s 3 year innovation strategy such as new idea generation and validation, commercialization strategies and plans and channel- or customer-specific opportunities.
- Identify innovation and renovation opportunities and lead initiatives in support of the brand’s nutrition health and wellness proposition
- Prepare, present and sell-in aspects of the brand plan to management, cross-functional partners and external stakeholders.
- Support Manager in implementing a 3-year consumer centric brand plan to drive and/or sustain long-term brand health including equity, awareness and engagement
- Use consumer and marketplace data and trends to support developing a deeper understanding of the demographics, psychographics, and behavioral drivers of the brand’s consumer or a particular consumer segment.
- Dive into demand landscape for the consumer/brand by utilization of digial insight tools
- Manage brand projects and assignments in a way that demonstrates an understanding of key consumer insights and an ability to activate them in relevant communications and innovation activities.
- Support the brand’s need to identify and understand what the brand stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers including brand identity, essence, vision, mission and core values to drive relevant communications and innovation.
- Build a robust and actionable learning plan to address knowledge gaps in consumer, brand, product, business and marketplace learnings for new category offerings
- Assist in identifying optimal engagement strategy and campaign structure to reach consumers when and where they are most receptive for consumer communications projects with a digital and social first approach
- Lead initiatives in the communication plan around specific touchpoints or consumer targets including agency and cross-functional team management, strategy, planning, execution and results measurement.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage projects on time and on budget as well and demonstrate decision-making abilities around investment alternatives that mitigate risk and maximize return. Identify opportunities and lead initiatives that activate the brand’s nutrition health and wellness proposition in communications
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 5 years of work experience in consumer marketing, brand management or product management; OR a Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, MBA or related field and 3 years of experience
- Experience pairing formal data and trends with a personal sense of curiosity to generate insights as it relates it ideation and execution of new products
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and agency partners and “selling in” new ideas and concepts
- Experience leading marketing communication projects including digital and media strategies
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (CPG)
- Experience developing strategic brand/product plans, such as communication campaigns, commercialization strategies
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.