Nestlé Coffee Partners is on a mission to elevate how our consumers experience coffee. With brands like Starbucks, Nescafe, Chameleon Cold-Brew, and Blue Bottle, our diverse product portfolio is brimming with rich and fulfilling opportunities for motivated individuals passionate about sharing their love of coffee and the moments it creates. Our Seattle office provides an inspiring and high-energy work environment that fuels our fast-paced growth, and our flexible, field-based positions across the country ensure that we are fully immersed and positioned to pioneer the coffee market. Across our organization, we’re creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Together, we’ll brew remarkable things.
Are you highly curious?
Do you thrive in new opportunities?
Do you enjoy storytelling?
Do you have a sales ABC mindset? Always Be Closing
If so, you should definitely check out the below!
The change happening with today’s consumer is evolving with unprecedented speed and higher expectations across a spectrum of needs requiring agility, passion and organization to build teams that anticipate and advance consumer engagement to ultimately drive brand affinity and business performance (for us and our customers).
The Director of Category & Product Management leads the category team for Nestle Coffee Partners Solutions Lab dedicated to delivering a robust suite of coffee & beverage experiences and concepts across a spectrum of premium brands including Starbucks, Teavana, Chameleon Cold Brew, Seattle’s Best Coffee and more.
The team drives the management, development and planning of insight led category, product and seasonal programming strategies for our multi-brand portfolio generating direct and indirect sales to deliver annual operating goals. This includes portfolio expansion and product innovation efforts (commercialization of new brands, new formats, et), sound portfolio management principals including optimization as well as guiding and influencing effective business planning of forecasting/supply to stay ahead of consumers and the marketplace.
The role is accountable to ensure that developed strategies across our critical categories (includes coffee, tea, beverage and paper+) win with our customers and consumers and teams effectively collaborate cross-functionally with key internally and external partners.
• Key Measures of Success: Achievement of Sales performance targets, Enhancing NCP Solutions Lab portfolio, category and product performance. Improved Partner engagement and capabilities in data and insight led assessment acumen. Leads the development of strategic category plans to drive demand and conversion through a national and regional field team structure.
• Represent the NCP Solutions Lab organization to establish the category roadmap, critical strategies to win and best practices to optimize ways of working.
• Establish and lead implementation of outstanding category learnings, insight and business strategies, driving prioritization and mitigation of risks substantiated and balanced by sound business/market rationale and thought leadership.
• Ensure strong financial acumen and transparency of product development investments.
• Lead NCP SL Marketing development and performance culture to; build functional capability, foster collaboration, team work and performance excellence to ultimately export talent to the broader organization.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE + SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
• 10 years of experience in category, product management
• 8+ years of experience leading teams
• Min 5+ years of product commercialization experience
• Shown experience in building and developing teams
• Strong influencing & collaboration skills
• Experience managing external agencies
• Deep understanding of foodservice retailing and their go-to-market strategies and capabilities
• Experience/exposure to corporate planning, supply chain and forecasting a plus
KEY FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES:
• Knowledge of interrelationship of key functions and relevant key initiatives (Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Technical & IS/IT)
• Demonstrated knowledge of business driving solutions and internal/external industry insights and trends
• Knowledge of core Business processes and fundamentals (Sales/Distribution, Customer Planning and Managing, Financial Reporting, Training, HR Policies, Integrated Commercial Planning, Management and Leadership Principles
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.