At Nestlé , we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions, and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
In support of the Nestlé USA Blueprint for success “Low Cost – Highly Efficient Operations”, achieve the highest possible overall facility productivity through collaboration with key Logistics and Supply Chain functions and people, both internal and external to the Distribution Center. Help to enable the move towards Future Distribution by focusing on Continuous Process Improvement in all aspects of warehouse operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but not limited to:
• Works with the facility Leadership Team and team members to identify and formalize a strategy for CPI efforts to achieve the highest possible overall productivity of the warehouse operation.
• Analyzes given data and operating conditions; implements changes and follows-up on results by involving key responsible people as much as possible.
• Ensures that studies and analyses are conducted thoroughly using variance reports to identify areas for potential improvement. Presents this information on a regular basis to facility leadership, as well as the teams, to challenge and facilitate the change needed to drive for needed improvement.
• Analyzes the present operational systems for potential efficiency improvements. Reviews designs, workflow, manpower, and recommends changes when necessary.
• Coordinate trials in various warehouse activities to achieve maximum efficiencies (i.e., shipping, receiving, palletizing, etc).
• Facilitates all pilot tests using CI tools (charts, graphs) with the teams; collaborating with local management before any change or newly designed system or method is installed.
• Determines means to reduce material usages, material losses and rework, and to achieve energy savings.
• Use systems to provide real-time data to further assist teams with visual aids in understanding the current business vs. goals (daily, weekly, monthly, etc), which will further motivate teams to identify gaps.
• Facilitate and prioritize process improvement efforts to greatest extent possible for teams and team members with a focus on NCE, Goal Alignment, and other nestle initiatives.
• Analyzes activities and other elements, which create fixed costs. Propose more economic solutions.
• Learn duties of the Operations Supervisors and serve as back-up in their absence.
• Support the team in all areas of Safety activities and training, safety observations, and help investigate injuries and near misses.
• Carry out follow-up programs to maintain the achieved savings, to complete additional training, to detect further savings opportunities, as well as ensuring the overall continuity of the project.
• Ensures the teams are supported in the following ways:
o Peer-based team systems.
o Drive safety in facility by using cost impact analysis to create a better understanding of the costs associated with unsafe behavior. Assist local management in ensuring safety is recognized regularly.
o Identify and facilitate all training (i.e., behavior training, refresher training for CPR, SJT, etc.
o Facilitate the cascade of key objectives, KPI’s and metrics to the teams.
o Provide regular feedback regarding improvement ideas (implemented, tabled).
o Develop detailed SOP’s on all appropriate processes with the involvement of team members; maintaining current, up-to-date data.
o Ensure development of empowered workforce.
• Work across DC network with other Process Specialists to standardize KPI’s.
• Participate in cross-functional improvement initiatives.
• Regular communication with the teams regarding what other functional groups are doing (i.e. Supply chain, transportation, distribution, customer service), as well as how the facility and overall business is doing.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL AND/OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS (licenses, certifications, etc.):
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• CPI experience required
• Experience in a manufacturing/distribution, or other warehouse environment preferred
• Strong experience and proficiency with computer systems and related software preferred
• Experience in business, finance, systems and total supply chain is desirable
• Experience in Six Sigma, Kaizan, 5s, Lean manufacturing preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED:
• SAP Experience preferred
• Leadership skills
• Motivate, mentor, coach and influence people
• How to give effective feedback, with follow-up for results
• Ability to work effectively in a networking structure
• Must be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must convey a sense of urgency
• Experience in collecting value-added data through systems and reports
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Must excel in a team environment
• Must be results-oriented
• Leading people to develop analytical/decision making/ problem solving skills, to create an empowered workforce
• Maintain positive customer relation contacts- both external and internal
• Must be proficient with computer
• Creative, and the ability to be innovative is critical to success
• Ability to effectively facilitate and train, as well as develop needed training programs
• Results, not task, focused
• Train people on how to bring ideas forward – imagination and innovation
• Must be flexible with shifts and be able or willing to work shifts and weekends when necessary
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.