This position provides Human Resource support to the Nestlé USA Human Resource Department (Ensure Supply, Total Rewards, HR Transformation & Optimization, HR Integration). The role is responsible for providing full lifecycle human resource support including: employee relations and communications, professional and college recruitment activities & program development, organization design & development, performance management, change management & leadership coaching, compensation administration, training, workforce planning, managing internal investigations and employee issues, and overall enforcement of Company culture, values, HR policies and procedures. Additionally, the role is responsible for shaping the HR Strategy and key priorites for the function.
Provide thought leadership on key strategies for the function. This includes the development of key priorities for HR in alignment with business priorities.
Provide HR Business Partner support and leadership with respect to day-to-day HR life cycle activities of client group(s). Lifecycle activities to include:
• Employee relations guidance and counsel to employees. Responsible for maintaining working knowledge of and enforcement of relevant current HR legal standards, related to laws such as FMLA, ADA, and EEO rights.
• Collaboration on development of talent planning and staffing strategies, including requisitions for headcount changes, job posting system and slating process. Maintain knowledge about and responsible for enforcement of compliance requirements for internal interviewing and selection process.
• Responsible for compliance in all lifecycle activities including workforce diversity and Affirmative Action plan requirements, I-9 Compliance, etc.
• Manage compensation strategy in conjunction with corporate compensation philosophy and groups functional pay norms. Oversee position-planning system to include accurate job descriptions, job analysis, accountabilities and task analysis. Manage wage and salary administration, including base salary, incentive plans and other non-cash programs. Review all recommended salary proposals and adjustments, based on Company guidelines.
• Provide general information and guidance regarding benefits questions and relocation administration.
• Assist business partners with performance management issues, employee relations and other policy issues, compensation, retention strategies and employee development, as needed.
• Manage of Leaves of Absence, Short-Term Disability, FMLA requests, Workers’ Compensation issues, and related leave issues.
• Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulations and Nestlé standards.
• Respond to day-to-day HR questions.
• Assist with the maintenance and accuracy of HR data, including including processing SAP data, such as Employee Action Forms and maintenance and upgrading of systems and training and related activities
• Proactively utilize human capital data to identify issues, trends, and impacts and to drive the right human capital solutions and recommendations
Drive a progressive, proactive, and high performance culture by providing guidance, direction and leadership in facilitating human capital activities.
• Assist business partners with performance management and employee development for their workforce, based on current and future needs.
• Drive programs that promote a positive environment and culture, including proactively developing initiatives to drive employee engagement, enablement and positive retention. Assess results based on climate data, pulse data, and other feedback vehicles.
• Lead overall talent management and people strategy efforts to include monthly and annual HR talent assessments, succession planning, and calibration discussions
• Development of programs, policies and processes in the areas of college recruitment, workforce planning, organizational development, incentive and recognition.
• Lead the new manager assimilation process and any other programs to drive a high performance leadership culture
• Assess, develop and facilitate training sessions on human capital topics and coordinate with relevant L&OD partners to deliver content based on the business need
• Facilitate After Action Reviews and Talent and Performance Reviews.
Provide counsel and guidance to leadership on organizational design & structure:
• Provide suggestions on job and organization design, in parallel with an understanding of current and future business and capability needs
• Support and drive organizational change to support large scale organizational transformations as well as those contained within the funciton
• Provide leadership and guidance on human capital programs to support business initiatives and strategies
Other duties & special projects as assigned
Reports to Vice President Human Resources, but must work independently and exercise excellent independent judgment with minimum supervision
This roles supports the Human Resource Teams- including Ensuring Supply (SC & T&P HR); Total Rewards; Business Integration; and HR Transformation/ Optimization/ Business Services.
Communicate Company strategy, policy and practices. Minimize legal risk exposures.
REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL, AND EXPERIENCE:
• A Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in Human Resource Management or related field preferred
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Human Resources/Employee Relations. Human Resource experience should include familiarity with and experience in recruitment, employee relations, employee communications, and compensation administration (including incentive programs), and leave of absence laws.
• Knowledge of basic HR law required. Knowledge of HR applications preferred.
• Ability to gain trust and buy-in with all levels of employees.
• Travel to other HQ locations to support sites as needed (15%)
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to creatively problem solve
• Strong business understanding preferred.
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; ability to analyze data
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent follow-up
• Must have strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organization and to gain trust at all levels
• Must possess good presentation and training skills
• Understanding of continuous improvement programs and team environments.
• Strong grasp of Federal & State Employment Laws.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and prefer SAP HR knowledge
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.