The Technician’s role is to support (and learn to lead on occasion) trial related functions in both the benchtop and pilot plant. This position exhibits the following NLF competencies at a successful level: Practice What you Preach, Results Focus, Know Yourself, Proactive Cooperation, and Initiative.
– Supports and can perform with help all trial related activities (ex: weighing ingredients, assembling finished product, performing required unit operations, sanitation and other duties assigned). Utilizes HACCP training to support release trials.
– Displays the ability to learn how to operate new pieces of equipment, and can perform with help/perform alone the utilization of Operations-related systems (NesTMS, GREAT, LOTO, etc.).
– Can locate all required forms and documents needed to perform trial work (incl. CCP & oPRP forms).
– Knows majority of equipment used in the specific platform that they support at the level of “can perform with help” to “can perform alone”.
– Participates in activities related to NCE (operational reviews, problem solving).
– Utilizes basic cooking techniques (Ex: making sauces, cooking starches, pizza topping) and understands basic culinary techniques.
– Understands ingredient functionality and how it applies to finished product.
– Can execute activities within trial requests that he/she is assigned.
JOB Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
1. A.S or B.S degree preferred in science, culinary, baking or related area or equivalent experience.
2. Can effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize work.
3. Previous experience working in food manufacturing and/or culinary environments preferred.
4. Ability to become proficient with Microsoft Office and Nestle systems such as SAP, GREAT, NesTMS, and NesRequest.
5. Detect and understand warning lights, buzzers, alarms or instruments indicating unsafe conditions.
6. Can demonstrate flexibility and willingness to work under short timelines and accommodate changing work schedules, overtime, weekends, and holidays.
7. Excellent communicator, written and oral.
8. Demonstrate competence of industrial scale food manufacturing equipment.
9. Have a sufficient understanding of mathematics and data analysis (e.g. pivot tables, graphs, KPI’s).
10. Travel as required to support consumer testing, focus groups, factory tests and other trial related activities. 10%
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.