Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world’s most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks’ robust product portfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customer experience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé’s mission to enhance the quality of consumers’ lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world. It has never been a more exciting time to join Nestlé Coffee Partners.
Solutions Lab is a strategic division of Nestle Coffee Partners that develops curated beverage experiences for customers through its robust portfolio of brands including; Starbucks Coffee, Chameleon Cold Brew, Seattles Best Coffee, Torrefazione Italia and Teavana. We are a dynamic business unit focused on driving creative and profitable solutions for both Nestle and our business partners.
The Director, National Account position is responsible for setting strategy and leading a team of national account executives focused on business development initiatives with national customers in channels such as retailing, college + university, healthcare, business + industry, travel & emerging businesses. This position is part of the Solutions Lab Leadership Team, which also has responsibility for developing the annual operating plan, setting performance standards & succession planning. This leader, who will manage a portfolio of $75-$125M in revenue, should operate as a General Manager of their channels and will develop and lead the execution of plans that drive long term value. The director, National Accounts works cross functionally with other divisions of Nestle to find partnership opportunities and synergies to drive value within the National Account portfolio in the US.
A strong background in National Account Management for premium brands, along with a proven track record in developing sales teams, and demonstrating financial/business results is critical for this role.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Develops vision + goals for the team, drives organizational capability, and creates an environment for teams to be successful and achieve/exceed business results
• Develops and elevates executive level relationships with strategic national business partners and represents NCP/Solutions Lab with key industry organizations and influencers
• Creates a culture of excellence, by modeling collaboration & innovative thinking across Solutions Lab and the broader Nestle organization
• Support national account team in developing strategic joint business plans for national account portfolio. Gains alignment with all internal stakeholders to deliver against plan (fields sales, marketing, finance …)
• Supports the Annual Operating Plan and budget process and provides forecasts & updates on all Risks + Opportunities
• Supports national account team in business development activities and contract negotiations.
• Identifies and leads development of key channel initiatives and programs that support long term growth
• Supports vp, National Accounts in identifying and developing new business opportunities, beyond existing portfolio
Partner Development & Team Building
• Builds high performing teams through partner development activities, training and development and coaching
• Challenges and inspires team members across the business unit and functions
• Serves as thought leader, and contributes to strategy development as part of Solutions Lab Leadership team
• Manages succession planning, recruiting and talent acquisition in National accounts
Summary of Requirements – Ideal candidate will have:
• 4 year Bachelor’s Degree
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
• 10+ years National Account Team leadership or General Management in B2B environment with Fortune 500 companies
• Strong contract negotiation and business development skills
• Track record & passion for developing people and leading teams
• Influence skills; internal/cross-functional and external
• Executive communication and presentation skills
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.