The Logistics Planner position provides the tactical execution of the transportation team through load planning, load tendering, and load scheduling functions to meet internal and external customer expectations. The Logistics Planner interacts with a large number of internal and external critical partners. The position needs a self – managed individual who is aligned with the goals and expectations of Supply Chain as they conduct their daily activities.
• Efficiently plans, tenders, and schedules the distribution of products using the SAP TM system.
• Daily interaction with cross functional areas including customer service, carriers, facilities, and deployment.
• Take initiative and make decisions independently weighing customer needs/facility requirements/carrier capacity and escalating as appropriate.
• Utilize SAP TM system and published route guides while balancing service and costs.
• Maintains the daily communication to all affected parties (Nestle, Vendors, Customers, etc). Represents a critical “face” to these same groups and will maintain a proper professional approach in all interactions (face to face; phone, e-mail, meetings, etc.)
• Works to optimize warehouse and deployment schedules, carrier equipment, mode, lane costs, and customer on time delivery.
• Pursue Continuous Process Improvement on a regular basis.
• Support Nestlé Operational Master Plan, Nestlé Continuous Excellence Initiatives, and business processes.
• Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
• Builds strong working relationships with internal and external customers. This includes the Customer, Carrier, Facilities, Supply Chain and Shared Services.
• Daily communication on exceptions, changes to the facility\transport environment, problem resolution and of equipment\service needs. Provide input to resolve capacity and service needs; opportunities to make changes to route guides, commitments and plans.
• Continuous education pursued on the Transportation Management System.
• Actively supports the Nestle Continuous Excellence culture and lives the values of zero waste, one team, and 100% engagement.
Other duties as assign: includes meetings, projects, travel, training and other necessary tasks to support adding the most value to Nestle.
Direct supervision from Transportation Supervisor and Load Control Center Manager. Indirect (dotted-line) direction from Transportation, Administration, Supply chain and shared services when aligned with agreed upon goals. The expectation is that this individual is able to work independently in solving issues and taking initiative to execute with minimal supervision.
The Logistics Planners have to be able to influence others in their day-to-day activities and projects. Influencing, and holding Carriers \ Facility \ Customer Service accountable for agreements is very important.