Nestlé Coffee Partners (NCP) is on a mission to transform how consumers experience coffee. With iconic brands like Starbucks, Nescafe, Chameleon Cold-Brew and Blue Bottle, our diverse and delicious product portfolio is brimming with rich and fulfilling opportunities. Our new office, located in the heart of Seattle, provides an inspiring and high-energy work environment that fuels our creative pioneering of the coffee market. Together, we can brew remarkable things for customers across the globe. It has never been a more exciting time to join Nestlé Coffee Partners.
The Solutions Lab (Foodservice) Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will be responsible for analyzing and reporting on the business planning and financial performance of the fast growing NCP. You will have exposure to the full P&L and will work closely with finance, sales and senior leaders with the purpose of forecasting, budgeting, tracking performance and drawing meaningful insights to drive the business.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Conducts complex analyses to support critical business decisions. Leads financial analysis for determining net present value (NPV), return on investment (ROI), internal rate of return (IRR) and profit loss (P&L). Quantifies opportunities and risk and recommends alternatives. Provides strategic and tactical recommendations to management.
• Lead select annual plan, strategic plan, and monthly/quarterly forecast processes and month-end reporting and commentary.
• Communicates complex financial information and concepts to both financial and business leaders to support and influence decision making.
• Supports the development of the annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts. Supports the development of strategic and operating plans.
• Establishes timelines and initiates reviews with managers to ensure plans are delivered on time and are consistent with overall company plans. Identifies and communicates plans’ risks and opportunities. Conducts decision analyses as needed and communicates results.
• Performs due diligence for new initiatives. Performs sensitivity and incremental cost/benefit decision analyses. Builds financial models and provides analytical support for business initiatives and contract negotiations. Identifies, analyzes, and communicates trends and issues affecting the business.
• Provides coaching, direction and leadership to team members in order to achieve business results.
• Establishes and facilitates process development and builds and maintains financial
• Bachelor degree required. Concentration in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of financial analysis experience including budgeting, forecasting, planning, and financial reporting
• Consumer goods company or Foodservice/industry desired, not required
• Advanced Excel, experience with OBIEE, Hyperion, or SAP (or other ERP System) preferred.
• Experience demonstrating financial modeling skills (3+ years)
• Experience presenting financial analysis and recommendations to a business unit leader (3+ years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong communicator in both formal and informal settings.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical problem-solving.
• Advanced financial modeling skills
• Business partnership and ability to communicate clearly to non-finance audiences
• Superior execution and time management skills in a changing environment and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly pull information
• Self-starter and shows initiative, inquisitive, and quickly learns the specifics of the business
• Understanding of P&L concepts and management accounting principles
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Strong data management skills, Hyperion, OBIEE or comparable system experience
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.