What to expect: The primary responsibility is to coach, lead, develop and train direct sales teams to improve the in-store results for Nestlé and our Account Partners. Ensure achievement of Nestle In Market (NIM) sales, trade, share and distribution objectives to drive High Performance Targets (HPT), client happiness, and develop future talent for Nestlé. Key representative for vital sales surveys, distribution and display information at store level (where applicable).
* Align, empower and coach Nestle Retail Sales Representatives (RSR) to meet and/or exceed assigned Nestlé Retail Sales (NRS) Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Must Win Battles (MWB). This includes sales, displays, distribution and new item targets in partnership with our Nestlé USA Account Teams such as Purina, Ice Cream, Prepared Foods, Baking, Global Foods, Beverage and Infant Nutrition.
* Track progress of all KPI objectives and MWB initiatives ensuring that each territory is improving their individual opportunities driving client satisfaction and Nestlé in store results.
* Find opportunity gaps and craft effective action plans to course correct while holding RSR to expectations.
* Demonstrate speed and agility while working with Category Account Managers (CAMs) to ensure detailed execution in the market.
* Lead and execute the local Business and Selling Plan for your area of responsibility. This includes facilitating Region/Local Business Planning meetings, prioritizing in-store activities based on KPIs and MWB Value of Retail (VOR) and alignment with key account leadership and NRS CAMs.
* Deliver results while adhering to the Nestle Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) compliance expectations.
* Coach, train and develop team members by utilizing tools provided by Nestlé Reporting Team (Hub) and the Sales Recommendation Engine (SRE) to empower them to achieve objectives, improve results, and influence without authority to reach overall team goals, highest potential and prepare them for future opportunities.
* Join team members on in market work-withs and quarterly performance review check-ins and reviews results at the end of day with RSR.
* Engage new talent by interviewing, selecting and hiring personnel to effectively and efficiently drive Nestle results within assigned territory.
* Promote workforce diversity and upward mobility among team members to reflect the Nestle consumer base.
* Lead Talent Performance Management System (TPMS) for each direct report to align with Nestle guidelines and goals (i.e. PDPs, Short and Long Term Talent Assessment).
* Participate in National and Regional MOR and Business Planning meetings. Identify root cause analysis on priorities and cascade standard methodologies with your team and/or assigned account point person.
* Allocate resources to optimize KPIs and MWBs including assessment of strategic vs tactical resource deployment and capacity recommendations. Communicate with account point people on field information needs and results.
Communication and Administration:
* Ensure all RSRs are following financial guidelines for in store trade spends and expense reporting.
* Adhere to all guidelines set by NRS Leadership for making route changes.
* Ensure team regularly provides feedback (i.e. competitive insights, market conditions, retail observations, and audit results) to team leadership and account teams.
* Minimum of 1-2 years of retail sales experience required with consistently achieving or exceeding goals.
* Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years retail experience preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Business Analytics preferred.
* 1-2 years of Account Management experience a plus.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills and polished presentation skills.
* Align the work of team members toward shared goals and across functions where needed.
* Takes initiative by being a self-starter, gets involved quickly and takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Simplifies complex issues into easily understood elements.
* Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required and thrives in a constantly changing business environment.
* Delegate appropriately and trust people to perform.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.