MaterialHandler/Stacker works under the general supervision of theOperations supervisors who makes initial assignment of duties. They will work together as a team with theTop-Tier operator and Deployment group to meet all shipping needs. Work is observed periodically in progress andupon completion to insure adequacy of performance, timely completion andcompliance with prescribe practices, procedures, and instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES includethe following:
All MaterialHandler/Stacker isresponsible for:
Will maintain all stacking requirementsfrom the packaging & VRT lines.
Will transports allpackaging materials going in & out of the packaging rooms.
Will work together as ateam with the Top-Tier operator and Deployment group to meet all shippingneeds.
Will be used to transferpackaging materials into and out of the new medium culinary area.
Using the SAP & MES system to verify that the correctpackaging materials are staged, and used.
Staging of packaging materials in the area where they will beused.
Replenishing packaging materials as needed.
Will need to setup theNercon conveyor system for each line. Will need to work directly with operatorto prevent any downtime.
Will stack cases in thepalletizing area. (3 to 4 lines of finished products at all times)
Will be trained to usepallets jacks, lift trucks & tow motors.
Will be required to keeptheir areas clean
Will be required tocomplete all Globe transaction for all finished products and all packagingmaterials (Accurate completion of documentation). (SAP transactions, MEStransaction, Pallet Count sheets)
Will assist with packagingmaterial inventories
Will assist the MaterialHandler/Stackers when needed.
Verification of the correctproduct day code on the containers, from labels or Markem coders.
Removing cardboard andother garbage from the Packing areas to the proper locations.
Followall NCE requirements.
Support departmental SHOboard KPI’s and NCE process.
Complete GSTD’s on the factory floor issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Check the daily schedule to see what products are being produced.
- Check with the shipping group to see what is being pulled from the VRT freezer.
- Check with your Supervisor and the Top-Tier operator to plan the work load for the day.
- Setup the Nercon conveyors for the product being produced. (Filler, Casepacker, Line, Conveyor, VRT)
- Check the schedule and the Globe system to validate that you have the correct cups, lids, pails, film for the packaging lines.
- Load each packaging room with the required materials.
- Palletize cases and pails.
- Check final casing to insure high quality (clean off excess product from containers/cases).
- Palletize cases and pails.
- Record all case counts and complete all MES transactions.
- Assist packagers when needed.
- Complete all packaging material returns in MES and place them in the correct storage area
- Communicate with the Top-Tier operator to maintain the packing lines and keep the packaging line supplied.
- Operate the Top-Tier.
- Perform daily SHO with the other shifts to meet the companies KPI’s.
- Maintain quality control per company guidelines.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with the company’s safety guidelines.
- Perform job rotations during scheduled workday depending on production needs.
- Assure movement of product through packaging process in a timely manner and assure absence of down time.
- Accurately complete all required documentation and system transactions.
- Dispose of trash and clean work area thoroughly.
- Remove any unused product, boxes and utensils and assure clear and clean work area.
- Complete all jobs in any area as assigned by supervisors.
- Work any assignment as directed by supervisor.
- Assure regular and timely attendance per company guidelines.
- Work overtime as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in on-going training to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Participate on TPM/NCE teams.
29. Enter Work Order notifications
30. Perform Safety and Quality Risk Predictions.
31. Perform Friends Helping Friends actions.
- Know/understand and be able to look up LOTO procedures for any equipment you work with.
33. Perform QMS entries.
34. Enter information onto SHO board and perform GSTD as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty at or above the performance standard. Must be able to operate a pallet jack, lifttruck and tow motor to company standards and. The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Highschool education or GED preferred.
Abilityto read and comprehend simple to more complex instructions, formulas, policiesand procedures. Ability to write simplecorrespondence. Ability to effectivelypresent information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Abilityto add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and100’s. Ability to perform theseoperations using units weight measurement, volume and distance.
Basiccomputer knowledge. Ability tocomprehend internal inventory system and input data accurately.
Abilityto apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolvedwritten or oral instructions. Ability todeal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardizedsituations.
Must passa Tow Motor assessment and test.
Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms,and talk and hear. The employee isfrequently required to climb ladders or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch orcrawl. The employee will frequently push or pull pallets, bins, lugs orcylinders.
The employeemust constantly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or moveup to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by thisjob include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.