Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé USA, we are committed to providing high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we are empowered to make meaningful contributions that positively impact our families, communities, and planet. With our portfolio of global brands, the opportunities to innovate and grow are limitless. As the world’s leading food and beverage company, our focus is not only about delighting our customers, it’s about enriching you!
The Internal Control & Compliance function in North America is responsible for oversight of internal control activities in the area of the Internal Control System (ICS), Compensating Controls (CC), and Risk & Control (R&C) matrices for North American businesses (Nestlé USA, Nestlé Purina Petcare Company, Nestlé Nutrition, Nestlé Waters, and Nestlé Professional) in addition to Research & Development NA, Nestle IT NA and the markets in Canada and Puerto Rico.
The Director’s primary responsibilities will be to provide day-to-day direct oversight for a team of Internal Control and Data Analytics professionals including leadership & coordination of operational company level single points of contact, execute reporting/analytics and act as a liaison between the market and the Centre. The Director is a trained professional who possesses expertise in Internal Control (SOX) over Financial Reporting, SAP role management, process decomposition, project management and operational improvement.
- Trigger periodic reviews/updates of localized R&C matrices to reflect organization, process, or system changes. Evaluate impact of changes and provide regional oversight of various self-assessments to the internal control environment.
- Provide leadership for the regional function by setting the strategic direction for the department, prioritizing initiatives in the area of ICS/CC/R&C matrices and effectively allocating resources. Improve data analytics capabilities of the regional team. Provide training on internal control related topics (role allocation, localization, CC).
- Provide internal control guidance to businesses as requested and collaborate with Nestle Internal Audit NA on identified Advisory Reviews, Operational Audit findings and potential Fraud Risks.
- Leadership/Controllers in the selection/prioritization/planning and follow-up of related initiatives.
- Provide visibility to F&C Leadership regarding Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), serve as authority on the actions to improve and reduce the risk indicators for the business through driving key improvement initiatives. Establish annual targets for improvements in both process and access compliance deficiencies.
- Hold a leadership role for internal control analytics/reporting across the Nestlé group. Increase reliance on the use of data analytics for process adherence and fraud prevention (Including Cyber).
- Interact and communicate with the Nestle IT NA team regarding internal control design in SAP, process changes and improvements.
- Align and engage with the Functional lead at the group level to ensure key priorities are met and the US Operating Companies are supporting the group objectives.
- Willingness to travel to locations of supported businesses. Lead or participate in multiple reviews/projects according to importance.
Director works under the direct supervision of the Chief Accounting Officer – NUSA.
Has direct responsibility for the budget of the regional organization. Also has impact on the financial performance of the businesses supported through internal control support activities.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
Minimum of 10+ years’ experience with increasing levels of authority in systems implementation, system support or Finance to include Internal Control centric experience
- Functional expertise in internal control frameworks (i.e. COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework, Governance/Risk Management & Compliance (GRC) methodologies, etc.). Certification preferred by not required.
- Leadership and team member development capabilities.
- Strong analytical/problem solving and organizational skills in addition to demonstrated Project and Change Management expertise.
- SAP knowledge of user access authority and SAP functionality.
- Public accounting or private internal audit experience.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.