You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
As the Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for all maintenance functions necessary to ensure efficient plant operations: manufacturing, processing, packaging and associated utilities. Maintenance Supervisor also provides mentorship and skill development to the Maintenance and Operations teams in: loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management to sustain a proactive – planned maintenance program. Other responsibilities include training, mentoring and assessing mechanics on maintenance & engineering related elements of Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) using TPM as the multi-disciplined approach to establish “Continuous Improvement and Zero Loss” culture, in addition to supervision and regulatory compliance of the environmental program.
•You will guide the factory to reduce technical stoppages in equipment or areas of common occurrence (priority given to areas of highest incidence or impact). Ensure the detailed review all line, processes, and utilities that are essential to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on safety, personnel safety, food safety, environment, or compliance with the law.
•Monitor plant/equipment trends to ensure highest possible operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
•Propose and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with the Best Maintenance Practices.
•Facilitate the evolution/refinement of maintenance activities to minimize planned and unplanned downtime (PM’s, changeovers, etc.).
•Maintain processing and packaging equipment and systems, decreasing unplanned downtime and growing reliability and availability.
•You will implement of all repairs/modifications resulting from Gap assessments, plant audits, and notifications are executed on time and offer a high quality workmanship.
•Own the job planning, and validate all material and services planning for accuracy and efficiency.
•Lead the documentation for equipment history, damage code and root cause analysis are completed accurately.
•You will develop and lead a network of Factory SME’s (subject matter experts). Train and guide them in the implementation and leadership of the NCE Reliability program in their factories.
•Evaluate the performance of team members and provide periodic feedback to ensure development.
•You will share other maintenance-related standard methodologies across all Nestlé factories, via the corporate engineering website, leadership/training guides, etc.
•Collaborate with corporate engineers, suppliers, contractors, and plant partners to ensure customer needs are met.
•Encourage close partnership between all functions (Engineering, Productions, Quality Management, etc.).
•Conduct regular inspections of plant to seek out potential problems and to solicit operator feedback.
•Consolidate and analyze the factory M&R budgets, drive valuable and sustainable improvements with the assistance of Group Engineering Specialists and Engineering Managers.
•Run the technical stores, scheduled Work Orders, labor hour allocation and the equipment Bill of Material (BOM).
•Support and back-fill the rollout and sustainability of TPM-PM Pillar across all Nestlé USA and Canada factories.
•Assures compliance with government regulatory agencies.
•Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Reliability, Chemical or other related field) highly preferred.
Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of Utilities, Facilities or Production equipment maintenance. CMRP (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional) or Direct experience with Maintenance Planning and/or supervision preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong technical and leadership skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to lead, motivate and develop others; Able to organize, coordinate, and direct users and teams.
• Knowledge of TPM / PM Pillar Tools including:
o Asset Management Software (SAP Preferred)
o Breakdown Analysis
o Reliability Center Maintenance Practices
o PM Optimization
o Predictive Maintenance Technologies including (infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis, etc…)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Understanding of regulatory requirements for food safety.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Proficient of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of Maintenance in manufacturing operations.
• Good working knowledge of CMMS systems (SAP, Maximo) with the ability to mine and analyze data for trends/reports.
• Results Focus: Strong impact to operations performance. The role requires discipline to meet performance objectives
• Lead People: Strong skills leading direct reports in order to promote operating efficiency
• Proactive Cooperation: Ensure that the maintenance team operates in a multi functional team with clear and open communication with other areas
• Service Orientation: Understand the customer’s expectations and needs and provide them high quality service.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.