This position is responsible for managing the NUSA HR Operations Team supporting assigned functions (Corporate vs. Factory / Supply Chain). This role is responsible for the leadership / management of a team of HR Specialists ensuring that accurate and timely employee life cycle processes are followed and that employee master data is accurate for the functions or businesses supported. As a member of the HR Ops management team, this position focuses on stakeholder management as well as ongoing maintenance and continuous process improvement of current / future HR processes and works on special projects within the business.
% OF TIME
HR Operations Team Management
• Responsible for overall management of the team for the functions/division supported, ensuring that the full team operates through our Ways of Winning – Collaboration, Courage, Speed and Agility. Partners with the other HR Ops Manager to ensure KPIs are met, consistent processes are followed across the entire team and to conduct regular full team meetings. Works with the partner HR Ops Manager and HR Ops Consultant to conduct regular team meetings/calls, provide HR communication, and identify and conduct HR Specialist training on various topics/processes. Responsible for setting, monitoring and analyzing the team’s performance (KPIs) and work load to make adjustments to structure as needed. Responsible for performance management and identification of development opportunities of direct reports. Point person for any issues, escalations, and major concerns from the HR Specialists and other stakeholders. Approves EAFs & final severance packages / reviews work performed on a daily basis. Manages coverage / time off for team. Responsible for overall staffing of own team. Champion change management efforts through continuous improvement, training, development and employee engagement.
Business Partner Liaison
• Work with functional HR Business Partners collaboratively to ensure that special projects, employee life cycle processes and transactions are completed on time and correctly, in accordance with SLAs and that business needs are considered. Provide solutions to business issues to achieve the most effective solutions while ensuring compliance to standardized HR processes. Work with NBS (Solon and Manila) to resolve issues, ensure data integrity, and that business needs are met. Ensure overall HR life cycle process coordination between HR Business Partners, NBS, HR Service Center and RBS.
• Point person for special projects that involve employee life cycle changes and data. Leads employee transition projects involving Reductions in Force, mass organizational changes, etc. Work closely with HR Ops Consultants / Leads and with other streams to ensure employees receive the correct information at the right time and the SAP Master Data is updated accurately.
• Seek and evaluate opportunities for continuous improvement for Human Resources processes. Oversee enhancements, implementations and execution of life cycle processes. Work with other teams/functions to design and execute the process improvement initiatives; may involve developing new or upgrading existing technology solutions. Help define user requirements and translate them into system and process requirements.
Other duties as assigned.
Some oversite and direction from HR Director to ensure team is able to deliver on SLAs, KPIs and changing business needs.
Provides direction and counsel to HR Specialists and HR Team Leads. Promotes and fosters the Nestlé Continuous Excellence culture through an empowering, open-minded and proactive approach and by acting as a catalyst for change management.
Works to eliminate or limit legal liabilities and limit employee turnover costs through various processes. Manage overtime needs / usage to ensure overall team remains within budget.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor’s degree required, in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Management or comparable discipline preferred.
• Travel Requirement – 10-20%
• Knowledge of state and federal employment laws including HR technical knowledge of EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and worker’s compensation, investigation processes, compensation practices, benefit programs, and recruitment processes. Requires general-logic knowledge of SAP system capabilities and processes without necessarily the ability to program.
• Minimum 5 years of HR generalist experience.
• Demonstrated experience driving change and process improvements.
• Scorecarding or metric documentation experience.
• Systems Experience: Proficient with Microsoft Office; HRIS systems – SAP preferred.
• Demonstrated experience partnering with clients to solve business/operational issues through the application of progressive people systems practices.
• Knowledge of basic HR law required. Knowledge of HR applications preferred.
• Ability to gain trust and buy-in with all levels of employees.
• Ability to deal effectively with all levels of the HR to ensure the maintenance of communications / relationships and delivery of quality customer service to HRBP teams and resolution of data/compliance issues.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage time effectively
• Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Must have a strong sense of urgency for compliance to deadlines.
• Must be flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to stay focused and positive in a changing environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects/requests simultaneously
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills
• Strong ability to understand process flows with an emphasis on audit processes
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.