You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re creating a workplace where collaboration is important, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!\
Nestlé USA is looking for a Field Marketing Manager to act as a local Nestlé representative responsible for hyper-local market strategy development and implementation, distributor and retailer support and engagement, local market team management, and activation for Nestlé USA’s Ready-to-Drink beverage portfolio. This individual will come with a solid understanding of experiential and field marketing. As part of the Nestlé USA Ready-to-Drink Beverage team, this position works closely with the Field Execution and the Strategy and Integrated Planning teams to develop local market plan as it relates to national program objectives. Additionally, the Field Marketing Manager will collaborate closely with internal field marketing counterparts, brand teams, and field sales. The Field Marketing Manager will serve the critical role of being the eyes, ears and voice for Nestlé USA’s Ready-to-Drink business in key local markets. This individual will develop and execute local market activation plans to build brand awareness, and foster strong relationships across distributor networks to carry out local market plans in support of national program objectives and sales goals.
- Bring to life a hyper-local market plan for Ready-to-Drink brands that will drive awareness, consumer engagement, trial and sales
- Manage a local team of brand ambassadors and/or a Field Marketing Coordinator within your territory; foster a team environment and passion for the brand(s) and shared goals
- Provide strategic and critical thinking in the event selection and activation plans for the distributor territory
- Manage activation and sponsorship budget; ensure budget is leveraged effectively to achieve market objectives
- Identify key high-traffic, consumer-centric locations and events to deliver brand awareness and trial driving experiences
- Lead sponsorship and contract negotiations, organize event permitting while ensuring health, safety, and Nestlé brand standards
- Manage a master event calendar that organizes logistical details and sampling objectives
- Build relationships with local influencers, media outlets and strategic partners
- Lead post-event recap and analysis process to provide recommendations and market optimizations
- Develop strategies to impact sales velocity by collaborating with brand team and sales counterparts
- Cultivate strong field sales and distributor partner relationships within the assigned territory
- Identify, target, and sample existing and potential accounts in partnership with distributors in order to maximize shelf space and product offerings carried within the territory
- Be able to speak to distributors and accounts leveraging deep knowledge of the category and trends with a focus on influencing share of mind
- Collaborate with local field sales team in forming and maintaining distributor and retailer relationships to drive visibility and sales results
- Play a key role within the Beverage field marketing team, ensuring growth and sustained business of our Ready-to-Drink Beverage brands, strengthening the partnership with our 3rd party distributors, increasing visibility with retailers, and creating direct engagement with consumers.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- BA or equivalency in marketing, sales, or related fields required
- 4+ years of combined experiential and sales experience (ideally CPG)
- Experience working within the beverage category preferred
- Extensive background in event execution and brand marketing, including event operations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Full-time or part-time staff management experience, with a track record of building team culture
- Familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Local area residency with ability to travel regionally on a regular basis, and nationally on occasion
- A strong geographic knowledge of the market, including culture drivers required
- Physically capable of bending and lifting to help set up displays and event sites, adjust shelves during resets, move product etc.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Possess a valid driver’s license & proof of insurance
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.