Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world’s most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks’ robust product portfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customer experience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé’s mission to enhance the quality of consumers’ lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world. It has never been a more exciting time to join the Nestlé Coffee Partners team!
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Nestlé Coffee Partners (NCP) success by driving NCP sales and equity, along with category growth through the delivery of best-in-class category thought leadership, insights, analysis and reporting both directly to CPG customers and through our customer sales managers. Successful achievement will set up NCP brands to win disproportionately through influencing customer adoption of Shopper Inspired Principles and optimal merchandising, assortment, pricing and shelving.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Build strategic customer relationships by delivering category thought leadership
• Deliver strong customer penetration and influence vs. competition in the development of customer category strategies that disproportionately deliver NCP sales and share.
• Influence customer strategic direction for the category by leveraging analytical tools/data (both syndicated and customer-specific) and shopper insights
• Assist selling/implementing NCPs Shopper Inspired Principles to customers including: key Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing and Shelving initiatives
• Proactively discover and sell insight-based category growth opportunities to customers
• Partner with Shopper Insights team to understand category/shopper insights and utilize these insights to drive category solutions for customers
• Partner with H.Q. Category Development team to apply National category best practices
• Support customer teams Quarterly Business Plan (QBP) presentations
• Act as a NCP “Coffee Master”; intimately understand coffee & tea categories and be viewed by internal partners as a the “go to” expert
• Collaborate with Manager and Director to formulate the team’s annual goals; identify strategic opportunities, and evaluate progress against team’s business plans.
Business Requirements – Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
• Stay ahead of and is the “go to person” for all category insights, trends, and targeted opportunities
• Facilitates knowledge sharing throughout the organization by providing business insights and standards
• Responds to inquiries regarding competitive data, customers, category or channels
• Leads others in solving complex analytic problems using data and insights
Summary of Experience
• 5+ years of category development and/or sales analytics; sales
• CPG experience preferred
• 5+ years performing market, category, product or competitive analysis
• 5+ years experience working with Shopper or Consumer insights data within CPG
• Required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably business-related
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to deliver insight based thought leadership informing category strategy
• Ability to leverage multi-functional resources, and Market-Shopper analytics
• Understands CPG industry, leads joint business planning, and can commercialize value
• Ability to sell ideas persuasively and to collaborate with others
• Builds diverse collaborative relationships
• Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Able to handle and manage confidential information when working internal and externally
• Applies knowledge of multidisciplinary business practices
• Achieves successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
• Strong Financial Acumen, ability to negotiate and reach win/win agreements
• Can work in a fast paced, changing, matrix environment and work through ambiguity
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.