Contribute engineering expertise to the success of Nestles multifunctional and multinational organization, developing new competitive process technologies and products. Work is in a project-orientated organization, working on a number of simultaneous projects all at various stages. Demonstrate thorough understanding of food processing in the manufacture of frozen and refrigerated products. The position requires strong project management, leadership, communication and presentation skills. Must have strong technical and scientific background to enable transition of engineering principles to operational design/reality. Should possess both an innovative ability and then the capability to become change agents for new process technology.
1. Responsible for assessing processes for their relevance, as well as assessing the capability of the engineering equipment. Investigate new methods and procedures for the transformation of food ingredients and materials into finished products ready for primary and secondary packaging. Ultimate goal is development of process techniques converting raw materials into top quality and consistent consumer acceptable finished products.
2. Review existing data to evaluate if more research and information needs to be collected in order to make a well informed decision.
3. Responsible for designing, installing and commissioning new production units, monitoring modifications as well as troubleshooting existing processes.
4. Must be able to apply the principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to processes and equipment designs which include conceptual, schematic, and detail designs.
5. Conduct process development experiments for scale up in various Nestle and/or vendor pilot facilities as required.
6. Must be able to prepare detailed R&D reports, flow diagrams, PID and charts.
7. Responsible for assessing the availability of raw materials as well as the safety and environmental impact of client/customer, while managing the cost and time constraints of the project.
8. Must be able to select, manage, and work with sub-contractors to achieve the objective.
9. Assume the responsibility for risk assessment, including hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies, for the health and safety of both Nestle employees and the environment. This responsibility also should include full assessment for quality issues related to process development recommendations. Quality reviews of all new process developments.
10. Work closely with other R&D centers, as well as NUSA Engineering Management to monitor and improve the efficiency, output, and safety of our Nestle factories.
11. Complete the necessary testing to ensure the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and the right quality of output, in order to meet our client’s needs.
12. Make observations and take measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical, scientific and factory personnel.
13. Assume the responsibility for environmental monitoring the ongoing performance of our client’s plant processes.
14. Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations.
15. Work closely with the technologist, scientists and other specialists, responsible for the quality control of raw materials and finished products as well as engineers responsible for plant maintenance.
16. Responsible for keeping current with equipment developments and processing technologies applicable to the frozen and refrigerated food industry or that may provide cross fertilization of new process developments into these manufacturing processes.
17. Responsible for developing new technologies/processes when not commercially available for specific project requirements.
18. Maintain updated / current knowledge and overview of existing processes and technologies relevant to our business.
19. Work with satellite plants and co packers to apply effective processing methodology and travel to plants to provide technical assistance as needed.
20. Must be able to communicate ideas and complex topics effectively to both the technical and non-technical members of the team and business.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• Engineering degree, Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Electrical, Mechanical, Food Science
• A minimum of 7-10 years of related engineering experience in the food industry
• Certified PMP is a plus
• Excellent Team leadership skills
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to travel up to 40% worldwide
• Good knowledge of practical engineering principles
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.