Are you interested in an EXCITING CAREER with an AMAZING COMPANY with OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE BENEFITS?
• Location: Dekalb, IL
• Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday; Start time varies; 40+ HRS/WK
• Starting Pay: $23.70/hour
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Auto & Home Insurance
• Cell Phone Service Discounts
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discount Programs
• Educational Assistance
• Gym Discounts
• Health Rewards / Rally
• Infant Formula Program
• Legal Services
• Maternity Support
• Medical Insurance
• NESPRESSO Discounts
• Nestle Nutrition Store Discounts
• Parental Support Policy
• Pet Insurance
• Prescription Coverage
• ReadyRefresh-Home Delivery of Nestle Waters products at a Discount
• Real Recognition Points
• Tobacco Cessation Resources
• Vehicle Purchase / Lease Discounts
• Vision Insurance
• Wellness Coaching
The Driver is responsible for transporting Nestle products within prescribed timelines. Deliver palletized orders; pickup and deliver inventory and a variety of other materials as described and related to bill of lading paper work from Nestle and 3rd Party Shipping locations. Drivers must maintain customer expectations regarding delivery and pickups and scheduled appointment times. The driver must be In compliance with state, federal, and local regulations.
- Prepare truck for operation by inspecting general condition-validating adherence to DOT standards
- Delivers items by identifying destinations; follows established route; operating the truck and maintaining schedule
- Services customer by understanding and resolving or forwarding complaints
- Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations
- Maintains delivery, truck and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgements; record tracking information; completing driver logs and truck performance forms
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
- Requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Demonstrate Decision Driving skills including proper following distance, proper eye lead, proper stopping distance, checking intersections, properly using horn, left/right turn execution, using seat belt, checking and scanning mirrors, maintaining proper speed, observing proper lane, parking in appropriate locations and avoiding backing.
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
- Initiative, self-starter, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Energy, maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity)
- Detail, strives to understand the details. Balances analysis and action appropriately
- Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers
- Team Work, can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole
- Manage Job professionally and with a high level of organization
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Be at least 21 years of age for DOT covered positions and have a minimum of 2 years professional driving experience with a Class ‘A’ CDL
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- Must have a Class A CDL with airbrake endorsement meeting DOT requirements
- 2 years or more Class ‘A’ driving experience in a business environment.
- Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, DOT physical and motor vehicle report for moving violations.
- Ability to work within the available shift hours
- Willing to work over 40 hours when required and holidays and weekends (when required)
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to read, write and speak English language
- Must have basic math and computer skills
- Standing/Walking: Occasionally, while performing some duties; walking, on concrete surfaces.
- Lift/Carry: Occasionally lifting, carrying, lines, hoses, etc.
- Sitting: Frequently (80%), while operating vehicle between customer locations, can be subject to heavy traffic and vibration of the vehicle while in motion. Driving tractor with one foot (accelerator).
- Push/Pull: Rarely, using both hands and arms while moving trailer jack stands into position.
- Hands/Arms: Occasionally use of both hands/arms above shoulder reaching while inspecting vehicle, getting on and off tractor. Frequent use of both hands/arms throughout the work shift while forward reaching, handling, gripping, power grasping.
- Climbing: Occasionally when inspecting vehicle, detaching trailer, etc.
- Bending/Twisting: Occasional bending at waist 30-45 degrees performing vehicle inspections.
- Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, when performing vehicle inspections.
- Balance: wet & icy conditions in parking lots and in the back of the trailers.
- Head/Neck: Frequently, moving head and neck while in a static position while driving vehicle.
- Other Demands: Subject to cold and hot temperatures -20 degrees F
- Work is performed 50-80% on the road driving vehicle, 20-50% of time at customer locations delivering / picking up or waiting.
- Hazards: Driving a tractor trailer combo in all types of weather, slippery surfaces, lifting hazards, exposure to moving vehicles and equipment, traffic hazards, fall hazard from work on dock and tailgate, fumes, odors and some bouncing, jarring, vibration from truck operation.
- Tools/Equipment Used: Sleeper or Day Cab tractor, 48’-53’ dry and refrigerated trailers, load locks, and pallets
- Safety Equipment: Seat belts, high visibility clothing (ANSI II rated) gloves, safety toed shoes required.
- Subject to cold temperatures -20 degrees F, while working in the back of trailers.
- Normal traffic hazards while operating vehicles.
Benefit eligibility will vary based on full-time, part-time, and seasonal employee status. The above list is for illustrative purposes only and reflects current benefit offerings. Nestlé retains the right to change or discontinue benefits at any time, in its sole discretion.
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.