You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where teamwork is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Our Project Engineer in needed to balance the introduction of new assets into the company. This could involve the relocation and optimizing of the existing fixed asset base and/or the purchase of new fixed assets. It may extend from the initial conceptual studies through to project closeout.
In this role, you will:
- propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources following the Engineering Policy, Key Principles and the Project Management Activity.
- coordinate personnel (e.g. other project engineers, technicians, contractors etc.)
- propose and control the cost of the project within the Guidelines for Capital Investment.
- exhibit an attitude of intolerance for unsafe situations and never implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under your own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment.
- ensure that the highest principles of ethical conduct on behalf of the community, consumer, company, and the engineering profession are maintained within an ambitious and fair environment and above reproach.
- support and encourage clear and open communication between the team members and related partners, e.g. site and market management, PTC, CO Engineering, CT Packaging and the SBU.
- make sure the procedures for protecting Nestlé’s technological and proprietary know-how are in place and actively implemented.
- deeply challenge the supporting documentation even if authored by other functions.
- prepare and own the project(s) through the approval process.
- you will ensure that all assets are designed to fit the business purpose through applying new technologies, validated principles, detailed design reviews and basic science.
- support all Value Engineering Analysis (VEA) studies.
- craft plans that work towards a low cost, highly efficient and flexible operation.
- ensure safe work sites and installations that are easy to operate, clean and maintain as well as guaranteeing after commissioning the safe, consistent manufacture/distribution of quality products.
- ensure that when working with external engineering services, contractors, suppliers etc. that the scope, work, performance and landmarks are clear and agreed on, up front.
- own monthly progress report and all meaningful data.